The A. D. Allen Chemistry Library at the University of Toronto, located on the St. George campus, is hiring a part-time Library Assistant for the Winter 2023 academic term.
- Start and end dates: January 9 to March 31, 2023
- Hours per week: 3-5 hours on Tuesday afternoons/evenings (4pm to 7pm essential, 2pm to 4pm desirable but not required).
- Job Type: Part Time (Contract)
- Application deadline: Wednesday, December 7 (applications reviewed on a rolling basis)
Under librarian supervision, responsibilities include:
- Delivering customer support and reference services to chemistry students, faculty, and staff, including helping users find and access library materials as well as providing information about library services and resources.
- Circulation and collection maintenance duties such as checking materials in and out to Chemistry Library users, shelving, shelf-reading, managing copy card sales and collecting usage statistics.
- Available to work on site at the Chemistry Library from 4pm to 7pm on Tuesdays (availability from 2pm to 7pm desirable, but not required).
- Adaptable team player with excellent communication, organizational, and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and practice effective problem-solving
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter by email to Madeline Gerbig, Chemistry Librarian at email@example.com by Wednesday, December 7. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, so it is to your advantage to submit earlier rather than later!